- Fill out change of address form at the post office
- Put in
request time offat work for move-in days
- Pick your chosen mover, or if moving self, schedule vehicle rental
- Confirm all paperwork with your chosen mover
- Double check proper insurance is in place to cover valuables
- Verify move in date with a realtor and move out date with the landlord.
- Update newspaper/magazine subscriptions forwarding address.
- Gather or purchase move in materials including boxes, packing tape, furniture movers and bubble wrap
- Write checklist for all essential items
- Start packing inessential items
- Start cleaning current rental for new renters
- Finish packing inessential items
- Switch utility services to your new address.
- Cancel/schedule move in appointments with internet, cable, and electric, water, gas companies.
- Finish cleaning your current space
- Sell or give away items you don’t want to move
- Pack remaining essential items
- Pick up the keys to your new home
- Move into your new place!